THIS IS HAPPENING WAY TOO OFTEN AROUND HERE AGAIN

400 residents were evacuated early this morning when fire broke out on Market and Proctor streets. Gretchen Putnam/Staff Photo

400 residents were evacuated early this morning when fire broke out at a former nightclub under rennovations.

Damn, this is starting to look like a hosedragger blog lately. This is the second horrific fire in the city in the last two weeks. This one happened in the sector of the city that I usually patrol. It happened on midnight shift so I wasn’t working. It pretty much took out an entire city block. I usually rag on the apparatus polishers (its a friendly rivalry around here) but they are seriously earning their pay the last few weeks.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “THIS IS HAPPENING WAY TOO OFTEN AROUND HERE AGAIN

  1. That’s so sad…and the cold weather those people have to deal with. I hope you have plenty of shelters/housing for them!

  2. Dang, hate to see that….stupid arsonist…

    Hey, Enforcer…how did you get the pyzam template to upload and not lose all your sidebar stuff…blogrolls, etc….I was going to try it, but it wouldn’t transfer over any of my other stuff…any advice for me?

  3. Flat- it is pretty tough, the area that burned was mostly poor and working class. There is a shelter helping out which is really good.

    Dixie- I saved each sidebar template individually and just popped em back up when I got the new template up. Having MS Front Page is a help. You can save the code and just re apply it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s